This AUP is incorporated by reference into your Cloud Services Agreement with Accelera Solutions, Inc. (“Accelera”) or any other agreement with Accelera that incorporates this AUP.
Your services may be suspended or terminated for violation of this AUP in accordance with your Cloud Services Agreement or other agreement with Accelera.
Capitalized terms used in this AUP shall have the meaning given in your Cloud Services Agreement or other agreement with Accelera.
Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to abuse@AcceleraSolutions.com.
You may not use Accelera’s network or services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Monitoring data or traffic on any network or system without the express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Interference with service to any user of the Accelera or other network including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an Internet account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Collecting or using information without the consent of the owner of the information;
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Use of the service to distribute software that covertly gathers information about a user or covertly transmits information about the user;
- Use of the service for distribution of advertisement delivery software unless: (i) the user affirmatively consents to the download and installation of such software based on a clear and conspicuous notice of the nature of the software, and (ii) the software is easily removable by use of standard tools for such purpose included on major operating systems; (such as Microsoft’s “ad/remove” tool); or
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the Accelera network or website, or Accelera’s employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
You may not use a Accelera Mail Service (such as Accelera Email or Accelera’s Microsoft Exchange®) to send bulk mail. Please see the applicable Product Terms and Conditions for those services. You may use your dedicated hosted system to send bulk mail, subject to the restrictions in this Acceptable Use Policy.
You must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 and other laws and regulations applicable to bulk or commercial email. In addition, your bulk and commercial email must meet the following requirements:
- Your intended recipients have given their consent to receive email from you via some affirmative means, such as an opt-in procedure;
- Your procedures for seeking consent include reasonable means to ensure that the person giving consent is the owner of the email address for which consent is given;
- You retain evidence of each recipient’s consent in a form that can be promptly produced on request, and you honor recipient’s and Accelera’s requests to produce consent evidence within 72 hours of receipt of the request;
- You have procedures in place that allow a recipient to revoke their consent – such as a link in the body of the email, or instructions to reply with the word “Remove” in the subject line; you honor revocations of consent within 48 hours, and you notify recipients that the revocation of their consent will be implemented in 48 hours;
- You must post an email address for complaints (such as email@example.com) in a conspicuous place on any website associated with the email, you must register that address at abuse.net, and you must promptly respond to messages sent to that address;
- You have the means to track anonymous complaints;
- You may not obscure the source of your email in any manner, such as omitting, forging, or misrepresenting message headers or return addresses. Your email must include the recipients email address in the body of the message or in the “TO” line of the email;
- The subject line of the email must clearly describe the subject matter contained in the email, and the message must include valid contact information; and
- You must not attempt to send any message to an email address if 3 consecutive delivery rejections have occurred and the time between the third rejection and the first rejection is longer than fifteen days.
These policies apply to messages sent using your Accelera services, or to messages sent from any network by you or any person on your behalf that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site or an email address hosted via your Accelera service. In addition, you may not use a third party email service that does not practice similar procedures for all its customers. These requirements apply to distribution lists prepared by third parties to the same extent as if the list were created by you.
Accelera may test and otherwise monitor your compliance with its requirements. Accelera may block the transmission of email that violates these provisions. Accelera may, at its discretion, require certain customers to seek advance approval for bulk and commercial email, which approval will not be granted unless the customer can demonstrate that all of the requirements stated above will be met.
You may not use your service to send email or any other communications to a person who has indicated that they do not wish to receive it. If the communication is bulk mail, then you will not be in violation of this section if you comply with the 48 hour removal requirement described above.
You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of a Accelera system or network, or to breach Accelera’s security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without Accelera’s express written consent.
Newsgroup, Chat Forums, Other Networks
You must comply with the rules and conventions for postings to any bulletin board, chat group or other forum in which you participate, such as IRC and USENET groups including their rules for content and commercial postings. These groups usually prohibit the posting of off-topic commercial messages, or mass postings to multiple forums.
You must comply with the rules of any other network you access or participate in using your Accelera services.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via Accelera’s network and equipment any content or links to any content that Accelera reasonably believes:
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence, or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health, compromises national security, or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent, or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling, or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to Accelera; or
- is otherwise malicious, fraudulent, or may result in retaliation against Accelera by offended viewers or recipients, or is intended to harass or threaten.
Content “published or transmitted” via Accelera’s network or equipment includes Web content, email, bulletin board postings, chat, tweets, and any other type of posting or transmission that relies on the Internet.
You may not use your Accelera services to stream live sex acts of any kind, even if the content would otherwise comply with the AUP. Accelera may prohibit you from streaming other live events where there is a special risk, in Accelera’s reasonable discretion, that the event may violate the Offensive Content section above.
You may not use Accelera’s network or services to download, publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image, or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- You have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- You are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
It is Accelera’s policy to terminate in appropriate circumstances the services of customers who are repeat infringers.
You may not use any shared system provided by Accelera in a way that unnecessarily interferes with the normal operation of the shared system, or that consumes a disproportionate share of the resources of the system. For example, we may prohibit the automated or scripted use of Accelera Mail Services if it has a negative impact on the mail system, or we may require you to repair coding abnormalities in your Cloud-hosted code if it unnecessarily conflicts with other Cloud customers’ use of the Cloud. You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored on a shared system if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system.
- You must have valid and current information on file with your domain name registrar for any domain hosted on the Accelera network.
- You may only use IP addresses assigned to you by Accelera in connection with your Accelera services.
- You agree that if the Accelera IP numbers assigned to your account are listed on an abuse database like Spamhaus, you will be in violation of this AUP, and Accelera may take reasonable action to protect its IP numbers, including suspension and/or termination of your service, regardless of whether the IP numbers were listed as a result of your actions:
No credit will be available under an Accelera service level guaranty or agreement for interruptions of service resulting from AUP violations.