Location: Fairfax, VA
HQ Location: Fairfax, VA
Accelera is a leader in the cloud and virtualization solutions, focused on growing and innovating within these dynamic technologies. We’ve been recognized by Inc. 500, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Washington Technology industry leaders and by the Washington Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington area. That success wouldn’t be possible without great people.
Accelera Solutions, is currently seeking a customer focused Systems Operations Engineer with a minimum of 5 years managing and engineering Microsoft solutions such as Lync/Skype for Business, SCCM/SCOM and Active Directory. This position will work as a member of our Managed Services team, providing Microsoft, VMware, and Infrastructure support expertise for customers and internal IT projects. The Systems Operations Engineer is primarily responsible for operations and support of Microsoft technologies, ensuring these technologies remain available and optimized for performance. In addition, this role may be used for solution design and implementation of new Microsoft technologies to our customers.
- Strong working knowledge in various Microsoft technologies (Lync, SCCM/SCOM, Windows Server, Active Directory)
- Maintain Microsoft solutions hosted in private and public clouds
- Act as a lead in Microsoft technologies by providing mentorship, training, and guidance to other engineers
- Respond to and troubleshoot complex service impacting events, providing clear and concise updates to the customer regarding the problem observed and the associated fix actions
- Observe, detect, identify and neutralize complex technical challenges and communicate resolutions in a clear, concise and complete manner
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize simultaneous high visibility customer incidents and service requests
- Communicate clearly and professionally with internal team and customer IT contacts
- Work standard Monday through Friday business hours with occasional afterhours and weekend scheduled project work
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule 5+ years of IT experience including IT service operations and support
- 4+ years of Windows administration
- Experience with building and maintaining virtual machines using VMware
- Experience with operations and maintenance of Windows server workloads
- Experience managing and operating Active Directory
- Experience managing data backup and recovery
- In depth understanding of network architectures and data communication protocols including: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Intermediate understanding of Firewall, VPN configuration, and switching
- Industry Relevant Certification (MCSE: Server Infrastructure)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Azure
- Experience working with and supporting Office 365
- Experience working with and supporting Amazon AWS
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with SQL Server
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.