Location: Fairfax, VA
HQ Location: Fairfax, VA
Accelera is a leader in the cloud and virtualization solutions, focused on growing and innovating within these dynamic technologies. We’ve been recognized by Inc. 500, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Washington Technology industry leaders and by the Washington Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington area. That success wouldn’t be possible without great people.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for Government and Sales contract review, processing orders, monitor aging reports, research customer accounts, investigate and resolve customer billing discrepancies, and collect or prepare credits. Experience with cost accounting, project set-up, preparing for DCAA and GSA compliance audits and contract closeouts. Duties also include cash applications, invoicing, credit memo preparation, and the review and update of credit lines and risk codes. The Staff Accountant should be a good team player with high-volume accounts payable skills in coding, entering, and cutting checks. Processes travel reimbursements and perform reconciliations and posts accruals. Works proficiently with Microsoft Dynamics Navision (NAV). Typically requires a minimum of three to five years of Government accounting experience. This professional should be willing to go above and beyond.
- Owns the CRM data entry process and ensures the integrity of closed orders in the CRM package
- Order processing – Closes orders in CRM (Salesforce) after matching products, quantity, ship to, bill to and total dollar amount to customer PO or SO.
- Once matching is complete, approves order to be transferred into our financial accounting system (NAV) and places orders with Manufacturers and Distributors.
- Is the liaison with product vendors and handles sales calls for shipping information and other information as requested
- Project set up – Closes orders in CRM and creates projects with NAV.
- Accounts Payable – understanding of invoicing and full cycle payables processing, batching, and coding.
- Travel Expense Reimbursement – understanding of government per diem rates, coding and approvals.
- Files and maintains accounting records. Administers contract log and AMEX/VISA cards.
- Enters sales invoice information into the Accounting system and produces accurate customer invoices.
- Assist in annual audit process.
- Perform other administrative projects as requested by Controller.
- B.S. in Accounting or Business preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar position with knowledge of key accounting principles, with the ability to perform in a high-growth, fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
- Must show a high degree of initiative and ability to solve problems.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business preferred.
- Typically requires a minimum of three years of clerical accounting experience.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Exhibits meticulous attention to detail and committed to producing accurate and high-quality work.
- Excellent data review and processing skills.
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes completing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting.
- Can be trusted to handle extremely confidential and sensitive material.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program