Location: Falls Church, VA
HQ: Fairfax, VA
BUMED is establishing a Digital Vanguard (DV) to support a Culture of Innovation to enhance Navy Medicine’s priorities of Readiness, Health and Partnerships. The goal of the Digital Vanguard is to increase Navy Medicine’s exposure and situational awareness of the rapidly evolving world around us so that we can capitalize on opportunities and manage threats we can’t see today.
A small selection of ideas, technologies, policies and innovations will evolve from the Digital Vanguard to a stage where they could be considered for possible operationalization. After a governance evaluation, if appropriate, these ideas will be forwarded into the Medical Entrepreneurial Institute (MEI).
The mission of the MEI is singular: to transform nascent innovative concepts, ideas and technologies into operational products, policies and enterprises through a matured pathway and process. In the case of product innovations, the MEI seeks to progress compelling product ideas into functioning prototypes managed within professionally led, operational structures. For processes or policies, the MEI will mature the service ideas in a similar fashion.
The Social Media Curator will establish and manage external social media communications of the DV to communicate ongoing activity and successes
Include but are not limited to:
- Report to the Director MEI
- Build and execute a social media strategy through research, platform, identification, and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish, and share daily content (original text, images, video, or HTML) to build meaningful community connections and encourages members activity
- Setup and optimize program pages for each platform to increase visibility and awareness
- Moderate user-generated content in accordance with program policies
- Capture, analyze, and evaluate digital traffic metrics and take action to maintain interest/relevance
- Five (5) years of experience in communications or public relations
- excellent writing, editing (photo, video, text) presentation, and other communication skills
- Strong knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Positive attitude; detail and customer oriented
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interface and operate within a team made of multiple disciplines
- Outstanding organization skills
- Must be willing to work diligently to meet deliverable deadlines
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and self-guided work
- Ability to prioritize and plan own tasks and estimate level of effort required
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft suite
- BA/BS in English, Communications, Marketing, Public relations, or other related field
- Experience in DoD MilSuite collaboration tools
- Strong Understanding of project management principals
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.