Location: San Antonio, TX
HQ Location: Fairfax, VA
The Web Strategies and Collaboration Branch of the Defense Health Agency is looking for a User Interface/Experience Designer to assist in the ongoing development of the Agencies continually improving, robust, enterprise SharePoint work environment.
- Collaborate with management and developers to define and implement innovative solutions for the branding direction, visuals, and experience
- Execute all visual design stages from concept to development hand-off
- Conceptualize original ideas that being simplicity and user friendliness to otherwise complex web applications and workflows
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate feedback
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Five (5) years of experience as SharePoint user interface/experience designer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrable UI design skills with strong portfolio
- Proven UI experience
- Experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and site maps
- Proficiency is Photoshop, Illustrator, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user system interaction
- Experience in Sect. 508 web design and techniques for compliance
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly and self-directed
- Must be willing to work diligently to meet deliverable deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently as a member of a team
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and self-guided work
- Ability to prioritize and plan own tasks and estimate level of effort for assigned tasks
Desired skill sets (considered a plus):
- Experience in Agile/Scrum Methodology
- Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or related
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.