Location: Fairfax, VA
HQ Location: Fairfax, VA
Accelera is a leader in the cloud and virtualization solutions, focused on growing and innovating within these dynamic technologies. We’ve been recognized by Inc. 500, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Washington Technology industry leaders and by the Washington Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington area. That success wouldn’t be possible without great people.
Business Accounting Professional to perform accounting functions such as maintaining general-ledger accounts, preparing financial statements, evaluate and enhance accounting and internal control systems. Experience with cost accounting, project set-up, preparing for DCAA and GSA compliance audits, and contract closeouts. Responsible for Government contract review, revenue recognition and accruals.
- Perform day-to-day accounting functions and provide analysis to the numbers as well as maintain improved oversight on the financials.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Coordinate outside audits with outside independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items.
- Government contract accounting experience, cost accounting standards and FAR/DFARs knowledge.
- Experience with hands on preparation and review of incurred cost submissions and forward pricing rates.
- Ensuring that all records are kept in compliance with the DCAA rules and regulations and other appropriate organizations.
- Comply with tax and regulatory requirements for Sales, Income and Property tax reporting for multiple states.
- Prepare monthly sales commissions.
- Maintains fixed assets records.
- Account Reconciliations / Cash Accounting / Coding and Classification.
- Batch review and posting of A/P and A/R workflow and be available for questions and mentoring.
- Month End Close / Financial Statement preparation / Manual Journal Entries / Bank Reconciliations.
- Undertake specifically assigned projects.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Currently is a Senior Accountant with minimum 8 years overall experience (at least 2 as a Senior).
- Excellent analytical and accounting skills; brings outside the box creative ideas and analysis.
- Solid knowledge of GAAP principles.
- Knowledge of DCAA Auditing and Reporting.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Very Strong Excel skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Navision, QuickBooks and Salesforce a plus.
- Strong financial reporting experience.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program