Location: Falls Church, VA
HQ: Fairfax, VA
BUMED is establishing a Digital Vanguard (DV) to support a Culture of Innovation to enhance Navy Medicine’s priorities of Readiness, Health and Partnerships. The goal of the Digital Vanguard is to increase Navy Medicine’s exposure and situational awareness of the rapidly evolving world around us so that we can capitalize on opportunities and manage threats we can’t see today.
A small selection of ideas, technologies, policies and innovations will evolve from the Digital Vanguard to a stage where they could be considered for possible operationalization. After a governance evaluation, if appropriate, these ideas will be forwarded into the Medical Entrepreneurial Institute (MEI).
The mission of the MEI is singular: to transform nascent innovative concepts, ideas and technologies into operational products, policies and enterprises through a matured pathway and process. In the case of product innovations, the MEI seeks to progress compelling product ideas into functioning prototypes managed within professionally led, operational structures. For processes or policies, the MEI will mature the service ideas in a similar fashion.
The Logistics Coordinator will manage travel of DV participants and initiate/track procurements of software, supplies, etc. necessary to accomplish the goals of the DV.
To include but are not limited to:
- Report to the Director, MEI
- Coordinate worldwide travel for DV participants
- Engage with DV’s to identify procurement requirements
- Assist with evaluation and selection of travel accommodations in accordance with current federal regulations and policies
- Assist with assembly and submission of travel expense reports
- Coordinate with vendors/resellers to acquire quotes for product purchases
- Track procurement status from request to delivery
- Track supplies by warranty, location, and licensing information
- Maintain shared travel calendars for program and team visibility
- Five (5) years of experience in logistics, supply, executive assistant, or equivalent role.
- Knowledge of the Defense Travel System (DTS) and voucher liquidation requirements
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong customer service
- Able to manage multiple projects/events simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain a system or records subject to audit
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interface and operate within a team made of multiple disciplines
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Must be willing to work diligently to meet deliverable deadlines
- Demonstrated high degree of initiative and self-guided work
- Ability to prioritize and plan own tasks and estimate level of effort required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of procurement and supply chain operations
- Knowledge of property management
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- BA/BS is relevant field
- Familiarity with the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR)
- Solid understanding of project management principles
- Prior DoD travel, logistics, or procurement experience
- Intermediate skill in Microsoft Project
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.