Job Title: FBI Virtualization Engineer
Work Location: Washington, DC
HQ Location: Fairfax, VA
Accelera is a leader in the cloud and virtualization solutions, focused on growing and innovating within these dynamic technologies. We’ve been recognized by Inc. 500, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Washington Technology industry leaders and by the Washington Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington area. That success wouldn’t be possible without great people.
Accelera is looking to hire Virtualization and Senior Virtualization Engineers to augment an existing team onsite at the FBI HQ. Team will be responsible for the management of the existing infrastructure and to provide a continually improving, robust, Enterprise Testing Infrastructure.
- Architect and implement virtualization solutions
- Ensure the environment is up and running with ongoing support and maintenance
- Troubleshoot and resolve errors and issues as they arise.
- Configure and monitor and storage area networks to allow communication to the virtual infrastructure.
- Reduce complex issues to practical recommended options.
- Provide training and mentorship to the onsite engineering team.
- Act as the project technical lead for virtualization integration projects.
- Work with client to determine their functional needs.
- Translate client needs into hardware/software requirements for existing or new virtualization environments.
- Provide Tier IV support escalation as needed.
- Review and document the functionality of existing environments while proposing enhancements or upgrades that could benefit clients.
- Communicate regularly to project managers regarding project activities and status.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers and best practice documentation as required.
- Responsible for supporting multiple projects at once within the FBI lab.
- Support the Application Development team who is working on multiple new projects for the FBI.
- Provide the development staff virtualized servers using VMware.
- Research and track new technologies that would benefit the Lab and FBI
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in defining, isolating, and resolving technical problems.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other analytical/logical/quantitative disciplines.
- Extensive experience with VMware technologies
- Experience providing senior-level engineering support and subject matter expertise, including Tier IV support
- Large enterprise environment experience
- Proven ability to design and implement complex information systems and the ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner that facilitates informed decision making.
- Extensive experience working with virtualization and cloud technologies, including: VMware, Azure, AWS.
- Experience designing, managing, monitoring, scaling, and implementing large enterprise level virtualization environments spanning multiple data centers and geographical regions.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Windows 2012/2016 Server
- Knowledge of data center design and infrastructure.
- Familiarity with SAN storage (EMC, NetApp, Hitachi, Pure Storage)
- Knowledge of storage technologies (NFS and iSCSI SAN).
- Strong ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Extensive experience working with clients to capture/document requirements
- Experience with various systems administration tasks such as: user account management, file transfers, VM creation, cable and equipment management, documentation, etc
- Knowledge of VB and PowerShell scripting as it pertains to automation, troubleshooting, and information gathering.
- Active Top Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI with CI Polygraph
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.