Job Title: FBI Senior Network Engineer
Work Location: Washington, DC
HQ Location: Fairfax, VA
Accelera is a leader in the cloud and virtualization solutions, focused on growing and innovating within these dynamic technologies. We’ve been recognized by Inc. 500, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Washington Technology industry leaders and by the Washington Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington area. That success wouldn’t be possible without great people.
Accelera is looking to hire a senior level Network Engineer to augment an existing team onsite at the FBI HQ. Team will be responsible for the management of the existing Network infrastructure and to provide a continually improving, robust, enterprise Testing Infrastructure.
- Architect and implement network solutions
- Monitor the health of the network and make sure there aren’t any issues
- Monitor and maintain routers and switches
- Support customers and users in networking and firewall related issues to ensure proper communications are configured.
- Recommend, evaluate and pilot new technologies to optimize the network infrastructure.
- Provide training and mentorship to the onsite engineering team.
- Act as the project technical lead for network integration projects.
- Provide Tier IV support escalation as needed.
- Review and document the functionality of existing environments while proposing enhancements or upgrades that could benefit clients.
- Communicate regularly to project managers regarding project activities and status.
- Create test plans, installation guides, technical specifications, white papers and best practice documentation as required.
- Responsible for supporting multiple projects at once within the FBI lab.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in defining, isolating, and resolving technical problems.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or other analytical/logical/quantitative disciplines.
- Extensive experience with Cisco routing platforms
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of WAN protocols and technologies including MPLS, IS-IS, Multi-VRF, etc.
- Network Design Engineering experience related to Data Centers in virtualized and cloud environments
- Proven ability to design and implement complex information systems and the ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner that facilitates informed decision making.
- Experience providing senior-level engineering support and subject matter expertise, including Tier IV support
- Large enterprise environment experience
- Strong writing / documentation skills – providing technical documentation.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize simultaneous projects and issues.
- Extensive experience working with clients to capture/document requirements
- Experience in consulting and/or a professional services environment is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work as part of a team in supporting an enterprise level infrastructure.
- Active Top Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain SCI with Counter Intelligence (CI) Polygraph
- Industry certification such as CCNA, CCNP, etc.
- Systems administration experience in a Microsoft-based environment, including experience with Active Directory, Exchange, etc.
- Experience in Juniper SRX and Brocade switches, a big plus
- Experience generating various documents, including CONOPS, design documents, test plans, and other related customer deliverables
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Fax: (703) 288-0197
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program.