Location: Falls Church, VA
HQ: Fairfax, VA
About Accelera: Accelera is a leader in the cloud and virtualization solutions, focused on growing and innovating within these dynamic technologies. We’ve been recognized by Inc. 500, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, Washington Technology industry leaders and by the Washington Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in the Greater Washington area. That success wouldn’t be possible without great people.
BUMED is establishing a Digital Vanguard (DV) to support a Culture of Innovation to enhance Navy Medicine’s priorities of Readiness, Health and Partnerships. The goal of the Digital Vanguard is to increase Navy Medicine’s exposure and situational awareness of the rapidly evolving world around us so that we can capitalize on opportunities and manage threats we can’t see today.
A small selection of ideas, technologies, policies and innovations will evolve from the Digital Vanguard to a stage where they could be considered for possible operationalization. After a governance evaluation, if appropriate, these ideas will be forwarded into the Medical Entrepreneurial Institute (MEI).
The mission of the MEI is singular: to transform nascent innovative concepts, ideas and technologies into operational products, policies and enterprises through a matured pathway and process. In the case of product innovations, the MEI seeks to progress compelling product ideas into functioning prototypes managed within professionally led, operational structures. For processes or policies, the MEI will mature the service ideas in a similar fashion.
The Communications Assistant will manage internal communications and assist with external communications. In addition, the Communications Assistance supports overall program coordination and other administrative activities as requested by the MEI Director.
To include but are not limited to:
- Report to the Director, MEI
- Prepare professional memos, presentations, and reports suitable for public release
- Correspond with industry on behalf of the DV
- Assist in the development of a program-wide communication strategy
- Be the Point-of-Contact between the MEI Director, team members, and DV participants
- Assist MEI Director to manage public relations of the program
- Assist with administration of DV applicant selection process
- Perform record management/filing
- Five (5) years of experience in communications, public relations, or executive administration
- Proficient command of English language
- Maintain high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to interface and operate within a team made of multiple disciplines
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Must be willing to work diligently to meet deliverable deadlines
- Demonstrate high degree of initiative and self-guided work
- Ability to prioritize and plan own tasks and estimate level of effort required
- Excellent oral and written communication
- proficient in use of media outlets
- Intermediate skill is Microsoft suite
- BA/BS in English, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field
- CMP certification or equivalent
- Experience writing government correspondence
- Strong understanding of Project Management principals
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume:
Accelera Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accelera Solutions, Inc. participates in the E-Verify program